Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Two-Headed-Bug-Eyed-Beast

THE-TWO-HEADED-BUG-EYED-BEAST
And then a normal "SINGLE" bug of the same kind
---
Okay...this is just gross!!!!
A few weeks ago Sam mentioned that there was a two-headed bug outside (a.k.a.-the-two-headed-bug-eyed-beast). And naturally my response was "Oh really honey!!! That's amazing!" Well today we were getting out of the car after school and he said..."there it is!!!! It's the two-headed bug-eyed beast!" So I made my way over to the tree where he was standing...and sure enough...it was THE-TWO-HEADED-BUG-EYED-BEAST!!!!"
It was two bugs attached to each other and so incredibly gross!!!! I'm not sure if this is a "thing" that this kind of bug does with it's baby b/c the tag along bug is a good bit smaller than the bug pulling it. Or maybe it's a mutant of sorts???? If anyone has any insight...Do tell!!!
So when your child tells you something that you think only happens on cartoons...you may want to follow up on it!!!

3 comments :

georgiagirl said...

I am looking at this same bug crawling along the outside of my kitchen window right now.I googled to see if it is a genetic mutation, and your posting came up. It is definitely weird!

georgiagirl said...

I kept looking over at this bug for abtou five minutes, and suddenly they were separate. So, I wonder if they were mating. I tried googling it and found some photographs of other bugs that looked two-headed, but not this one.

Anonymous said...

I know this was years ago but just so y'all know..definately mating. They're Boxelder bugs. I found my own pair today. Rather gross. I looked it up and finally found the answer so I thought I'd pass it on