Thursday, May 22, 2008

The End of an Era

Sam says GOOD-BYE to KILBOURNE PARK PRESCHOOL!
(And mommy says hello to Xanax!)
Who knew the last day of Kilbourne Park for Sam would be one of the most emotionally draining days of my life as a parent. I cried as I went to sleep on Tuesday night...thanking God for these precious years with him but also praying that He will help me to slow down and take it all in, as these first 5 years of Sam's life have FLOWN. It sounds so cliche, but it is so true. I cried as we walked out the door and got into the car to go to pre-school for the last time, as we walked into the church for the 4 year-old program, as they sang the Kilbourne Park song, as he cleaned out his cubby and waved good-bye to his first little school, and as I talked to my mom & Brooks on the phone that afternoon about our big changes. He's my first little birdie to leave the pre-school nest...what am I going to do when he gets married???? I think I need to go ahead and reserve a room at the Baptist Hospital.

Sam was practically born into KP pre-school. I worked there just before he was born and he became a "student" at just 3 months old in the baby room. he stayed in the baby room for 2 years then moved to the ones (you know the whole Sept. 1st b-day thing). It's the sweetest little school. I have loved EVERY year that he has been there.

I can't believe it's time for him to move on to much bigger things. He will be in big boy 5K next year. I will truly miss those days of snuggling til 8:00 a.m., 9:00 drop off & 12:00 pick up, lunch play dates, playing hookie as often as we'd like ;-), sweet little songs and nursery rhymes, and most of all the sweet little school that seems to be protected by a "bubble" of faith in Jesus Christ.

I am so glad to have been able to spend these past 5 years at home and enjoying all this with Sam. I wouldn't trade it for the world. We are now moving into a new era and getting excited about ALL the wonderful things to come!

Where has the time gone???? For some reason, when he was born I didn't think he'd ever get big. Well I was really wrong! Here he is so big, still so precious, and moving on to the next BIG thing. His days in pre-school have been so wonderful and I wish he could stay there forever but I know he has some really great years ahead and big-boy school will be just as amazing.

A note to Sam: You truly are a gift from above and have so much to offer the world. Your big blue eyes, infectious grin, and eagerness to learn will get you very far in life. We love you sweet baby boy!!!

1 year-old class
2 year-old class
3 year-old class

4 year-old classSome of Sam's classmates at the 4 year-old program
Sweet Mrs. Walsh (a tough act to follow!!!!)

Sam's best bud Keith Giese at the school picnic" Sam Todd", "Sam Baker", and Evan Sam and "Keithie" enjoying a celebratory snack one last time!

No comments :