Monday, August 18, 2008

The First Day of...

The next 13 years of Sam's life!!!

Sam started 5K today. What a big boy!!! He was so precious and excited to go to school today. I can't believe this day has come. Where on earth did the time go? I had a pretty emotional weekend thinking about our PB&J lunch dates together, snuggle time while Fully is napping, afternoon play dates with friends, sleeping in, and all the other little things we've done over his almost 6 years. People tried to tell me how fast it would go by but I had no idea it was like this.

Sam and I have grown up together in a sense. I've learned how to be a parent while he's learned how to be a little boy. All the while we're learning from each other. I have enjoyed all these years of being able to be at home with him. I am already looking forward to his first day-off so we can spend sometime together.

He looked so BIG and ready today as Shannon and I left to take him to school. He walked down the long hallway and into his classroom and immediately found his table. He was excited to see several VERY familiar faces in the room...as were we.

I kissed him good-bye 100+ times and very reluctantly left the room. We joined several of our teary-eyed friends in the media center for the New parent social. It was good to see that I wasn't alone in this!!!

I spent the rest of the day in tears and on pins and needles just dying to see him. Neal and I parked outside the school about 40 minutes before Sam and Catherine got out. Fulton and Anne-Hamilton watched a movie in the car while we waited. We just sat there staring at the breezeway like the neurotic freaks that we are. They finally came out with sweet little faces and so happy to see us. The feeling was mutual!!! I had missed him SOOOOOO much!

The best part was that he got to be the LINE LEADER on the first day!!!!

Stay tuned...I'll be sure to update you on the rest of his week!

Sam having his early morning breakfast. When we carried him downstairs he said "What are we doing?" We said, "Getting ready to go to school." He said, "We can't because it's still night-time." I'm sure he thought we were on crack!!

All his first day supplies ready to go. Nap mat, tote bag, and lunch box

Sam and Carson (our cute neighbor) all ready for 5K...Thank God they got in the same class!!!

Fully hugs Sam as they pose in front of Sam's classroom. Poor Fu kept saying he wanted to go find his classroom next.

Sam at his table...so sweet and proud!!!!


No comments :