Monday, September 26, 2011

Bullets, Pics, and Bull


I've got a case of the MONDAYS!

I love it when fellow bloggers do bulleted updates. It makes for a quick, easy read and you feel fulfilled afterward!

The last few really rainy days have left me a tad washed upin the blog department -hahaha!

So! I give you Bullets, Pics, and Bull...
  • If you were in "The Acres" then you were probably blessed enough to see the double rainbow around supper time last night. It was absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen a rainbow so vivid. From our perch the double bow was quite faint, but the other was magnificent. The sky had a yellow hue which made it stand out even more! The picture doesn't do it justice at all, but you can take my word for it.
  • I am a DD girl (~no, not like that~). One day last week my super presh husband treated me to a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Dunkin Donuts. Holy cow!!! It was A.MA.ZING! For me, Starbucks is way too strong, so I fancy DD. Any who... Given the $-price-$ tag of that cup-o-goodness, I had to find a recipe to make my own. My friend Shannon "pinned" one on Pinterest the other day and I decided to try it. It was pretty darn good. Hindsight, I should have used a creamer or half & half instead of skim milk, but other wise it was tasty!
  • Any who... I had a friend and reader tell me last week that she thinks I should rename my blog "ANY WHO". I've never realized it, but I must say it a lot. I think that's actually a cute name and something to consider. Who knows, once I figure out where I'm going with this blog, I just might do that.
  • It's the time of year when I start obsessing over which planner I'm going to buy to usher in the new year. I have a couple of friends (Southern Mama and Blue-Eyed-Bride) who have gone bonkers over the ErinCondren.com planners. I first discovered Erin Condren's fabu Life Planner on shutterfly last year after I had JUST purchased the MomAgenda, which I currently have and love. I was so bummed because I immediately fell uber in love with it. Erin Condren's Life Planner offers so much customization and something I have been longing for that MomAgenda has left out of the spiral bound planner...POCKETS!!! I looooooove a pocket! There's even a mini zipper case to hold stuff like coupons and stamps. I MUST GET ONE! I can't decide which one...

    • This one
       or this one?
  • This summer Shan built an entryway bench and entertainment shelf to use in our den. We replaced our very traditional, dark wood, bonnet-top entertainment center with the new, more functional pieces. We got the plans from ana-white.com (LOVE THAT SITE!). I have a virtual notebook full of ideas I'd like to build. We picked this one and modified it for our needs. So if you know someone handy, it's a great place to find DIY furniture projects. Any who...My little bench was in need of a cushion; a soft place for the boys to park their little hineys and put on their shoes and to serve as extra seating if need be... so I made a cute striped tufted bench cushion! I think it turned out pretty nice!

  • (Apologies to Misty on this bullet...it was too good not to steal.) If you've gotten to this point then you're considered a "reader" and I am so happy to have you here. I have noticed increasingly more traffic on my blog. That, my friends, is exciting! Comments are what bloggers live for - nice comments that is. Please let me know you've been here by leaving a comment below (see that little link?) and give this lowly blogger something to live for. ;-) And if you feel compelled, you can subscribe over to the right. -----> That's right! Over there, under "subscribe". Go ahead. We don't bite.
XOXOXO

8 comments :

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

Get the planner! You will love it! :)

Misty said...

I can always hear your voice when I read your blog! any who, I love you!

Mary Beth said...

I was here and I am totally wanting that planner! xoxo MB

Bunco Belle said...

Love your blog....love you!!! Ok, so now I have to start blogging again because you mentioned it!! That is good motivation because I have been wanting to start up again.

Anonymous said...

Your bench is awesome. I'm impressed!!! i would get the planner with the bigger print. If you're like me, after a year, that white cover will have coffee, juice, and all kinds of gross on it. :)
-Catherine

Anonymous said...

Love the bench! Good luck with the planner decision, I find that the more detail the better! :)
- Christie

Anne said...

Love the shameless plea for comments! Will stop by again soon!

Leah said...

Mmmmm, love those planners. I might just have to get one myself.

Love you, love your blog, Claud!!!