Wednesday, September 01, 2010

It's Suppah Time!

Happy September, y'all!! It's almost fall, school is back in full swing for most of us, and obligations to ball games, after-school activities, volunteerism, and various other "things" to keep us crazy and busy are at hand. Along with all of this comes the daily dreaded 5:00 question..."what should I fix for supper"?  Sometimes planning dinner for my family of 5 feels so overwhelming! It can also be very costly. Even though I "coupon", it seems that all the stuff I need for new creative recipes are never on sale, nor do they have coupons!!! And I truly love sitting around the table with "all my men". I feel it is of vital importance to every family, but I get so sick and tired of dreaming up healthy inexpensive meals. I needed help.

We are Dave Ramsey freaks! He dictates everything we do with our $. One night, while searching his site a few months ago, we found this awesome site. I didn't try it at first, but after asking around, a good friend said she had been using it with her family and she convinced me to give it a try. It's the greatest concept ever and worth the $1.25 a week! I don't have to think about supper...YAY!!!

Y'all check it out...you can choose regular menu plans, low-fat menus, or WW POINTS menus!
E-MEALZ Easy Meals for Busy and Frugal Families

In a typical week, I use my little BLD menu schedule that I created. Now, I don't have to dream up dinners...they're done for me on E-Mealz and all I have to do it plug it into my schedule. If you'd like a copy...just let me know.


Practical Tip- Planning regular meals can be a pain in the be-haunkus, but it is so important for the health and well-being of our families. It is also a huge challenge for most people. So, even if you don't want to do the E-mealz, you could plug in dinner ideas of your own to my BLD schedule or make your own. It makes feeding the masses a little easier!

Practically Put- Luke 9:12-17
12Late in the afternoon the Twelve came to him and said, "Send the crowd away so they can go to the surrounding villages and countryside and find food and lodging, because we are in a remote place here."

13He replied, "You give them something to eat."
They answered, "We have only five loaves of bread and two fish—unless we go and buy food for all this crowd." 14(About five thousand men were there.)

But he said to his disciples, "Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each." 15The disciples did so, and everybody sat down. 16Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to set before the people. 17They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

Practically Yours,

1 comment :

Bunco Belle said...

Hey Friend, I am menu planning too. I was really good about this earlier, but got lazy. We saved so much money and ate so much better when I did this regularly. I post my menu on www.orgjunkie.com. There are lots of great ideas here too. Another good site with menus and shopping lists is http://eatathomecooks.com/.