Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let's get this Pawty Stawted!!!

As I stated earlier...I love planning my children's parties! Fulton has requested an ice cream social. So I got my wheels turning and went to my favorite place for some inspiration...the Internet! I created my inspiration board from some other great blogs and websites.

Ice Cream Social Inspiration Board

Photo credits:
Red and Blue Tissue Poms http://sweetlittleparties.blogspot.com/2010/09/win-happy-birthday-to-me.html, Balloons http://www.simplybabystuff.com/brownblue.html, Invitations and Toppings http://katelandersevents.blogspot.com/2010/03/ice-cream-birthday-party-for-boys.html, Tablescape http://rufflesandbells.wordpress.com/2010/04/30/woodsy-poppy-red/, Take-Home Treats http://sugarshop.typepad.com/sugar_shop/2009/02/rice-krispy-treat-pops-tutorial.html, Cupcake Toppers http://thetwosavvysisters.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-party-collectionvintage-baseball.html, Ice Cream Tent http://www.dandydonsicecream.com/

I was blessed with S and F being born right smack dab in the middle of college football season. So we either have to do parties on "off" days or Sundays. So we chose the Sunday following F's birthday. I used my Mom Agenda planning section to get me started.

The Details
Date: 9/12
Time: 2:30-4:00
Where: Our house
Menu: Cupcakes, Ice Cream Sundaes, Toppings- sprinkles, jimmies, cherries, crushed oreos, chocolate chips, gummies, m&m's, sugar wafers, cherries, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, whipped cream, Beverages- bottled water, red and blue kool-aid
The Decoration Ideas
Color scheme: Red, white, light blue, and brown- fabric/tablecloths, paper pinwheels, tissue pom-poms, napkins, bowls, spoons
Games and Favor Ideas:
Pin the cherry on the sundae, cherry on the spoon relay; ice cream scoop, ice cream foam pop-gun, or rice krispie pop
(We actually decided against games because it was forcasted to be very hot and it was a shorter party. And party favors...Sometimes I think parents throw away plastic toy party favors as soon as the child goes to sleep and it ends up being a waste of money. So we went with the rice krispie treat pops.)

Ice Cream Social Event Board

(Click photo for larger view)
Left to right: cupcake tree, autograph mat (Each MM has one from every birthday. They are my favorite mementos and I hope they'll be theirs too.), treat basket and treat, personalized water bottles and kool-aid on ice, toppings, wagon with gifts, invitation by Letter Bugz, blowing out #5, cupcake toppers and ice cream tags, paper pin wheels lining the walk to greet guests, tissue pom-poms suspended from ice cream tent.

This is what we ended up with! F loved it and was so excited when he walked outside to see the staging. He said. "Wow! This is MY party!" I was very pleased with how it all came together.
 
Practically Yours,

5 comments :

Cathy said...

Beautiful party decorations! You did a great job, lots of hard work.

Katy Thompson said...

Seriously, your blog is amazing. Exactly the kind of faith, grit, real love, and dedication that CA is missing. You are one in a million, and I am so lucky to know you.

Bunco Belle said...

Love this post and how you came up with all of your ideas!!! That party was a huge success and the perfect thing to do on a hot Sunday afternooon. I know we had a ball!!

Amanda said...

looks like a great party! love your inspiration board!

Unknown said...


I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I am hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal website now ;) gmail log in