Monday, July 16, 2012

You'll Eat It and You'll Like It.

My oldest brother and I have always joked with each other when the other person has to do something they don't want to do. We sarcastically say, "Oh, you'll do it and you'll like it." Or "You'll take that medicine and you'll like it." It's just our bizarre way of communicating our affection and support for one another.

Well the phrase "you'll eat it and you'll like it" popped in my head as I cautiously taste-tested another container of CHOBANI Greek Yogurt. It happens every time! I can hear Michael's voice loud and clear urging me to take that first bite. I reluctantly do, and am bitten by the tartness and pungent smell. I love pretty much any yogurt. That's why this one is kinda frustrating me.

As I make my push towards better food choices and cleaner eating, I have tried and tried to incorporate this yogurt that is all the rage. I realize it has great health benefits (ones I can't explain), but I am having a hard time figuring out how and why people think it's so delicious.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is it an acquired taste?

Is their a better brand? I have heard this one is the best. If it is...I'd hate to taste the worst.

I tried the Blood Orange flavor recently and it's actually one I think I can handle, but I can only find it at Earth Fare, which is not exactly on the beaten path of my regular route in the Acres. Therefore, I need to find some other flavors that work for me...so I can get hooked like everyone else.


Help! If you're out there and have a fave or recipes to use the yogurt, let a sista know!

XO,

4 comments :

Unknown said...

I can't bring myself to eat Greek yogurt. I absolutely hate it. I stick to the regular yogurts. Obsessed with making smoothies with regular run of the mill vanilla yogurt.

Marianna Player said...

I love Oikos 0% fat blueberry. I use the Chobani 0% plain or vanilla for making smoothies. Yogurt has been an acquired taste for me, but the blueberry is so good. A little tart, but its so smooth it tastes like it has tons of fat in it. :-)

Amy said...

Hey there! We want to help you find a can't-live-without-it flavor. Shoot me an email: amy[at]chobani dot com and we'll chat! That way, I can get some cups sent out your way.

Talk soon!

Amy
Chobani

Amy said...

And by that, I mean amy.keefe[at]chobani dot com. That's what I get for posting before my 2nd cup of coffee! ;)

Amy
Chobani