Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday: The Tube and Food

It's Friday! Yay!!!

It's also time to link up for Five on Friday.



This week is all about the tube and a new recipe!!

Here's my disclaimer...I am NOT a TV watcher, but recently I've gotten really excited about a couple of "viewing opportunities".

.......ONE
There were several premiers this week that I couldn't wait to watch. I just love Parenthood! It is so incredibly realistic. I've been watching since the first season and have been hooked ever since.
I have to say I was not as wowed by the premier as I wanted to be, but I have confidence it'll pick up quickly. See all the details of this season's first episode here.

 
.......TWO
THE BLACKLIST! I couldn't decide if I wanted to invest my precious evening time into this show - but I'm so glad I did. It was very Silence of the Lambs-ish. I can't wait until next Monday night! Here's the pilot!
 
 
.......THREE


I ADORE Jimmy Fallon AND Justin Timberlake. Both of them are incredibly talented and precious guys. I can't stay up late enough to watch every night, so I cannot wait until Jimmy moves into Jay Leno's spot. It'll give me just enough of my Jimmy-fix before I drift off.

This week he and JT did a skit on what it would sound like if we spoke the way we "tweet" and use social media. It was hilarious!!! I especially loved the hand gestures and really long hash tags (#whichImayormaynotdofromtimetotime). I missed this the night that it aired, but Shan kindly replayed it for me because he knew I'd love it!



 
.......FOUR
I'm not typically an ESPN watcher unless the Gamecocks are playing. However, Shan insisted that I watch The Book of Manning with him this week.  So unenthused at first, I thought "yeah, yeah, yeah! I know. The famous football family. Blah, blah, blah." I have nothing against the Mannings. I've just always thought they're one of those sports anomaly families. But it was so much more! You got a great glimpse into their family dynamics. It wasn't all rosy as I suspected. They were so normal.
 
 
As a mother of 3 very active boys, I could relate to so much of the documentary. So many of the clips from their childhood reminded me of my own boys and their MANY games of football, soccer, and baseball that they play in my backyard. I really fell in love with their family. Archie and Olivia seemed to be so unassuming, yet supportive of their sons and their innate passion for football. If it airs again...it's a must see, especially for boy moms.
 
Here's a link to the scoop behind the documentary.
 
.......FIVE
And finally! A yummy recipe for General Tso's Chicken. I pinned this recipe earlier this week. One word...Awesome! Just enough sweet, just enough spicy. And I was so proud when everyone chowed down. General Tso's Chicken is a family fave. We order it pretty much every time we go out for Asian food. This was every bit as good as a restaurant and I love knowing that it was prepared in my kitchen.

 
I served it with a side of steamed teryaki rice. I also added a bag of broccoli florets to ours. If you're a fan of General Tso's...y'all gotta try it! Did I mention how easy it was? My little helper thought it was too. ;-)

Any who! It's late on Friday, but that's my 5 for this week.

 

 

No comments :