Monday, October 04, 2010

Why I Love October.

If you've read my "About Me" page you know I love October. There are so many reasons why I feel it is superior to any other month. So in my opinion...
October is AWESOME because of some obvious reasons that most people can appreciate...
  • leaves are changing colors
  • cooler temps
  • short sleeves by day, snugglie sweater by night
  • football season is in full swing
  • the world series begins
  • HALLOWEEN and seeing our precious little peeps in their get-ups
  • pumpkin patches are billowing with those gorgeous orange gourds
However, in addition to those, I have my own personal list...
  • have you ever noticed the color of the October sky? A-MA-ZING.
  • it's my BIRTHMONTH! (a shout out to my fellow October birthday friends...Holla!) and in my family, we seem to celebrate all month long
  • it's MM1's birthmonth, as well as several other family members who I love dearly
  • the SC State Fair (yes, I admit, I am a sucker for the fair)
  • it's the month the Yard Man and I celebrate our anniversary of being together
  • so many great theme parties to be had (I'm torn between 3 & 4 for this year)
    • costume parties for adults
    • costume parties for kids
    • Halloween brunch complete with a Bloody Mary bar and Mimosas
    • a pumpkin carving party
    • a Harvest supper with friends (which could also be done in November)
    • tailgate parties
    • chili cook-offs
    • and the list goes on...
  • our visit to the pumpkin patch where we try to find the ugliest pumpkin and where the MM's pick out our "family"
  • the Pine Island fall carnival and costume contest that my in-laws have been taking us to for years
  • costume making with my uber talented mom
  • I love to decorate for Halloween and fall in general and drag out my old trusty-rusty Halloween decor that the MM's love. I devoted a post to it several years ago.
  • and finding new inspiration for projects, such as:
    • my friend Shannon over at Bunco Belle who has some great links to ideas for pumpkin decorating
    • a fall mantel---some awesome ideas from readers of The Nesting Place can be found here
    • these great burlap wreaths by at Confessions of a Plate Addict and Loola-bee Simplicity (See pics below)
    • making a fall outfit for MM3
  • time change...there's something so so comforting about the sun setting early on cool crisp night and settling down with my sweet boys
  • Boo at the Zoo
  • Corn Mazes
I could probably think of a million other reasons why I love October so much but that's just an idea. So in the meantime, y'all check out the links and if you'd like, add to my list of reasons. I'd love to hear more!



Practically Yours,

3 comments :

Amanda said...

great list!! i love fall too! love wearing comfy sweaters and jeans.

love sitting snuggled up under a blanket, drinking white hot chocolate, which I can only find for sale starting in the fall and in the winter.

love all the fall and halloween decor too. not a huge fan of halloween itself due to getting egged when i was younger but love seeing the little kids dressed up.

going to check out the links :) thanks for sharing!

Bunco Belle said...

Love it all!! Fall is my very favorite time of the year, too. Thanks for all of the great ideas and the link. See you soon.

Cathy said...

guess I'm off to get some burlap...love the wreath, must not be outdone!!! Thanks for sharing