Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mama's lost her Mojo

Mojo! Mooooooooojooooooo! Has anyone seen my mojo?

Remember in my summer catch up post the other day I mentioned my quest to lose more weight?

No?

Oh well, you can go back and read it later.

Any whooooo...

I have completely lost my mojo. Back in May I started logging and paying attention to everything I put in my mouth. I adopted the motto "it can't possibly taste as good as being healthier feels." I was eating a very clean 1200-1500 calories a day and was never hungry, had very few cravings, and didn't feel guilty for splurges because I was in "my zone". I was going to the gym (Zumba, particularly) 5 times a week. By mid-June I was down 16 pounds. I am still down 16 pounds, which is good, I know. It came off slowly and I am obviously doing enough to keep it off for the past 3 months, BUT I just wish I could get my mojo-vation back. I was on a roll! But I have felt super lazy recently.

I feel like if I publicly put "IT" out there then I just might get it back.
I need to start logging again. I personally LOVE sparkpeople.com and their iphone app for counting calories. I also need to get back in the gym at least 5 times a week, again. I enrolled in a 10-session small group personal training with a friend of mine who is a trainer. I love it but it's only 2x/week and I am being kinda slack only adding an additional day or two to that in the gym. I have not been paying great attention to my eating habits and I REALLY want to. I have heard the breakdown is 80% what you eat, 10% exercise, and 10% genetics. I truly believe that.

I have a couple goals in mind...
Lose 25 more pounds and run a 5k (that's it) with a few precious girlfriends who have the same goal (one of them is right here). None of us have any intentions of being marathoners. We just wanna check it off our bucket lists. I also secretly want to do a triathalon, but I need to get through these other things first.


Before: April 2011
(this picture was my mojo-vation in the first place)

Now: September 2011
Ok. So that's a little better. But I gotsa looooooong way to go!

Now. If someone, anyone has seen my mojo, please tell it to come back!
Oh and prayers are also welcome. Thanks, y'all!



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

In your first paragraph you mentioned that you have started logging. Please tell me more, that's quite a workout! Just kidding, keep up the great work you look GREAT!