Thursday, September 22, 2011

Devoholic

Hi! My name is "The Manager" and I'm a Devoholic!

Wow! That feels good.

Y'all might remember my post on my "Devo-Bin". I have a bin full, shelf full, and Iphone full of inspirational and devotional books, blogs, and apps. You can't have too many, I don't think. I like them all for different reasons. I think it is so interesting that whichever one(s) I choose to pick up or click on they some how speak to me that day. (It's probably because I'm so screwed up and need so much help that ANYTHING could speak to me...even if a dog wrote it.) Seriously. It's almost as if I'm led to the WORD at the right moments. I LOVE THAT! Sometimes, even if I can't apply it to a current issue, I can reflect on it at a later date. I LOVE THAT TOO.

There are so many talented people who have the ability to minister through these devotionals and inspirational texts and websites. I admire the way they can reach out and touch so many hearts...hearts looking for direction, hearts looking to minister, hearts looking to heal, hearts looking to forgive. It really is an awesome gift, divinely granted.

I thought I'd share my faves.

About Children:
Book- Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian
Web (also available in print)- 31 Biblical Virtues to pray for Your Children

For Children:
Book- Veggie Tales 365 Very Veggie Devos for Kids
Web- Keys for Kids (register to have them come to your email inbox)

For Couples (together):
Book- Moments Together for Couples by Barbara and Dennis Rainey, The Love Dare
Web- Crosswalk Moments Together Daily Devotional

For Marriage:
Book- Power of a Praying Husband, Power of a Praying Wife both by Stormie Omartian

For Organization/Inspiration:
Book- More Hours in My Day by Emilie Barnes, The One Year Devotions for Women by Jill Briscoe
Web- Proverbs 31 Ministry

For Peace:
Book- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

General:
App- (iphone) You Version Bible App, iTalk to God (free for iphone), Logos Bible (for iphone)
Book- The Essential Bible Guide by Whitney Kuniholm

Any who...thought I'd share!
Let me know if I'm missing out on any really good ones. I'm up for studies or daily devos!


No comments :