Monday, January 16, 2012

Hi! Didja miss me again?
I'm wondering if I'll ever come up for air these days. I cannot seem to get it together.
I last blogged 10 days ago. I had all intentions of putting together our Christmas and New Years Rewind but it never happened.

I feel slightly inadequate in blogland sometimes...I have SO much to say and share with you (my family and 5 readers), but so little time to write it all down. I have several friends who blog and have scheduled times each day that they post. Currently, I'm a night-time blogger - after the boys go to bed. I'd love to fit it into my day, but I'm just not that organized. I'm trying...but I'm not there yet.

Anywho...

The past 10 days have been a whirlwind. Shan rarely travels, but when he does he's gone the entire week. When Sam was a baby I didn't mind it so much. I'd hang out with my mom and dad a lot and they'd take us to dinner. I'd schedule lots of evening playdates with friends and their babies to kill time while I was missing Shannon. But now, so much has changed. I have a ton on my plate with the schoolwork and extra-curricular schedules of my 3 boys and my volunteer obligations. It's so much easier to cook a quick supper and stay in from the time they get home from school until bedtime. Anything extra outside our home is just too much.

Shan headed out last Sunday morning and I was on my own. Every time he travels, the place in my heart for single parents and military spouses grows even bigger. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THEY DO IT...EVERY DAY! We picked him up Friday night and I couldn't wait to see him. It makes me really realize what a wonderful guy I married. He helps me so much and is the best dad. The boys really missed him and were kinda outta sorts all week. But we got through it without too many issues.

However, while he was away, I thought I'd try to be a little more productive. I finished planning and shopping for Ollie's birthday and tackled a few little projects around the house - necessary and frivolous, alike.

I cleaned out and purged lots. I organized little things that had gotten out of control, and I did some deep cleaning that had been neglected over the holidays.

I made these cute pillows for my den...



And a cute winter wreath...


(We frosted the glass on our storm door for Ollie's birthday...It doesn't usually look cracked and smudgy.)

 Needless to say, Shan was quite happy to see that we not only survived without him, but that I was productive too! (Not because he thinks I'm incompetent without him, but because I'm always very weepy when he leaves as I'm dreading the overwhelming week ahead.)
The boys and I spent LOTS of quality time together and we learned LOTS more about each other's personalities. Let's just say it's nice to have daddy around as a buffer!

Hopefully, we can get a little more back to normal in the upcoming weeks and maybe I'll be able to get back on a regular blogging schedule. I wouldn't want to leave all of you sitting around on pins and needles for too long awaiting my next post!

XO

2 comments :

just ask beth said...

I remember when Thad worked in Chrleston from may to December one year.. At first, I was overwhelmed and then.. boom my single mother took over..I NEVER had a load of laundry waiting on me,I did it everyday!! I think I was so used to relying on him that I would let it pile up! HA! We married great guys who are great Dad's!

gomilli said...

I know what you mean, Claudia. I hold a special place in my heart and prayers for single and military parents, too. I am struggling with getting organized again. I have finally gotten back to scheduling everything, so I am slowly getting back there. Enjoyed reading your blog. Irma