Monday, April 23, 2012

6th Blog-iversary!

It's my 6th Blog-iversary! This past weekend marked 6 years of CTBaker In The Acres (Formerly What's Bakin'?)
I last left you with a Wocket in Ollie's Pocket. And I had all these great plans for celebrating 6 years. They didn't happen...yet. I hope to still do a fun post to commemorate the occasion.

I feel so slack sometimes when I don't blog all those "little moments". I used to be really good at it! But the truth is that back in the day when I first started blogging, I burned the midnight oil...lots. I would stay up late to post all the day's  happenings. I seized those perfectly still and quiet nap-times to jot down a post or two. Quite frankly...I'm too old and tired to blog at night any more and there are no such things as nap-times in our house any more. It's so hard to find the time, but I love blogging!

I love having a journal of sorts for my children to follow in years to come. I love to keep family and friends up to speed with our craziness. I love sharing my projects and creations on the web (although there hasn't been a whole lot of that recently). I find it to be therapeutic and fun, but when I have so much going on it kinda feels like a chore. And I don't want it to be that AT ALL!

I have some 20-something year-old friends who blog for a living...truly. And I admire their dedication. I cannot drag my dead-tired self out of my bed another minute earlier to write a post, not to mention, my brain doesn't begin to function until - oh say - 10:30am-ish. And by that point I am already in the throws of a day-in-the-life-of-a-30-something-mom-of-three-busy-boys. So I hope down the road that my boys don't think..."what happened to mom between 2012 and 201? she got really slack."

I read an article recently, as I had been feeling a tad inadequate as a mom, and it made me feel so much better. {It's right here. Read it!} I felt a sense of peace with my "slackness". I have had so much on my plate lately and it's just catching up with me.

I plan to continue blogging! However, I feel like my cute husband and precious little children need me and more importantly...I NEED ME! So for now, here is a sneak-peek of posts I plan to write (it may take a while), so bear with me.

Coming Soon!!!!...
  • 6 years in review
  • Our great couples Bible study
  • Sam's guitar performance at Sunday School/And recital
  • Easy-Peasy Shoe Tying Lesson (Project)
  • Our family road trip over Spring Break
  • A Beautiful Easter
  • Disney on Ice with precious Oliver
  • Double Dippin' for The Word
  • And various others...
So please stay tuned! I have lots to share.

XO,

1 comment :

just ask beth said...

I feel your pain..and I am 40 something..almost 50 in less than 3 years YIKES!! It is so hard capturing the moments and though I don't have tons of blogs or photos to prove it..I think we are creating some good family fun..by just being together..catching fireflies and bugs, watching Wheel of fortune and Jeopardy every night together..eating dinner together..dance, soccer and baseball. And though I sometimes do over the top things I really do NOT need to document them for all to see to get a pat on the back..they already think WE are the cat's meow.. Love you CB!!