Friday, October 03, 2014

Defining Excitement

ex·cite - \ik-ˈsÄ«t, ek-\ verb                                              

: to cause feelings of enthusiasm in (someone)
: to make (someone) feel energetic and eager to do something
: to cause (a particular emotion or reaction) to be felt or to happen
: to increase the activity of (something, such as nerve tissue)
 
------------------------------------------------------
Today I was thinking about what excitement means to me. This led to a little convo with Shan about what excitement looks like to us now. We decided being excited is worlds different from what it used to look like. Ten to fifteen years ago, something exciting meant it was life-changing or new; engagements, weddings, babies, big career moves, etc. Life is kind of steady right now, as we roll along. It's comfortable. Now we'd describe excitement as anything out of the ordinary that adds some pizazz to our everyday lives. It's more about getting creative with how do life - living outside the box. Being excited seems to have become more simplified for us. And I think that's good!
 
So often we over-think life. Why? That just makes things more complicated. And who wants life to be more complicated, when little opportunities to spice things up are right in front of us? This is my 31 day mission to see them.
 
I'm looking forward to the rest of this challenge to start getting excited about life again...without over-doing or thinking. I like to think the word zest describes what I'm saying. It's defined as: a lively quality that increases enjoyment, excitement, or energy. And that, my friends, is exactly what I'm seeking.
 
 
So stay tuned for my plan to make this happen!

 

Find links to Days 1-31 here!

No comments :