Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Excited to be On A Mission

You may have seen me post a few times before that I have struggled with chronic migraines, reflux, allergies, asthma, eczema, and anxiety for many years. I'm not at all opposed to modern medicine, simply because I have seen it create a better quality of life for many people. However, I personally just have aversions to taking medication {for several reasons that I won't go into here}. But in the last 6 months I've come to the conclusion that we really are only as healthy as what we put in our bodies. So I have taken baby steps to making my family and myself better consumers. I've done lots of reading and had some trials and errors, but it's a process and we're making progress and that's what matters most. And while juicing raw organic beets {gag!} may not cure all my ailments, over time I will become healthier and stronger and my not be bothered so much by my nagging issues. In a nutshell, Hippocrates said that food is medicine and I wholeheartedly believe him.

Sadly, what we ingest is only half the battle. Have you ever thought about what you put ON your body? On your babies? I didn't used to. But I do now! In this process, I've read all kinds of scary stuff that goes into our personal care products and I want it to stop. NOW! But I'll go there in a second. The real problem with buying more natural personal care products is that finding safe and effective products happens quite haphazardly. I've ended up with a lot of waste because they didn't meet my expectations and quality products aren't too cheap!

So this is where my excitement comes in. On a random Tuesday about a month ago, I got a phone call from my friend Margaret, who I hadn't talked to in a long time. She is a super stylish gal with excellent taste, not to mention an AMAZING interior designer. Margret and I have never been really close, but I've always admired her and enjoyed any little bit of time I've been around her. My initial thought for the reason for her call was that she may need some "office" help with her design business, which I would have loved! But that wasn't it. It was even better!

Margaret was calling to tell me about the most revolutionary personal care company I'd ever heard of! She didn't have to say much to peak my interest. At. All. They are very new so I read up on the company. I watched sobering videos about the things the average Joe doesn't know about their personal care products. I looked at their growth in the last year and a half. Shan and I really tried to poke holes in the company. We couldn't. I took their mission to heart and I knew I had to be a part of this company, but most of all, I wanted to be a part of the movement at Beautycounter! I am so excited for this opportunity and the people I get to share these products and this mission with. As for their products...I'm OBSESSED. We like to describe it as Non-toxic Chanel ran into J.Crew! Gorgeous. Safe and effective...for real.


There are several ways you can get on board with me...
Client
Host
Member
Consultant







I hope you'll support me on this mission to get safe products into the hands of everyone! In the meantime hop over to my new Facebook business page and say hey!



Find links to Days 1-31 here!




No comments :