Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving continued


Sam and Fulton watch as mommy lives vicariously through the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
We started Thanksgiving morning our traditional way, with bakery-style blueberry muffins, coffee, and THE PARADE. All of you who know me well, know that this a very important annual event in my life. It is when I pretend I'm a Rockette, an All-Star cheerleader, and most of all a Broadway Singer and Actress!!!! It is an event I'm sure my husband and poor children could live without. I'd like to thank my mother and father for this little make-believe dream world that I step into once a year. Dad the musician/entertainer and mom the almost Rockette gave it to me honestly.
After preparing my own personal pan of gravy (I am not a fan of gravy with "things" floating around in it) my corn casserole, and another batch of pumpkin cupcakes, we were on our way to the first stop of Thanksgiving Day, The Lake. We visited with the Baker side of the family and enjoyed a very yummy lunch and watched the kids run around. Some of us reviewed the sale papers and plotted our course of action for Black Friday

Cousin Madeline and Fu
(Getting a shot of two is much easier and less chaotic than getting one of four.)

Cousins Madeline and Kirstin with Sambo and Fu at the lake on Nay Nay and Papa's porch
(Not the greatest pic...but you have to love a forced photo op.)

Papa gets down on the floor to play with Fulton, but will he get up, folks???
After our visit at the lake, we hopped in the car and drove back into town for the tail-end of the Tronco/Player family dinner. We were able to catch most of the aunts, uncles, and cousins and Sam and Fulton had a blast playing with everyone. We thoroughly enjoyed dining on the leftovers for supper too.
Cousin Marylin stopped by for some dessert and to play a while
Boppa had no clue that his afternoon would consist of physical labor to entertain Sam, Jameson, Isabella, and Fulton. It came to a screeching halt when Jameson and Isabella had to go back to Summerville. There was literally screeching, kicking, whining and flailing around when Boppa put the wheelbarrow away. The family also enjoyed a couple of rounds of Corn Hole. (I wish I had some pics of that. It was a riot!)
Isabella is giving thanks for Muzzy's toy cabinet
All in all, it was a very nice Thanksgiving day! I hope you all can say the same.

No comments :