Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend Update

We had a very nice low-key weekend with the boys. Friday, we went out for supper and then to Barnes & Noble to have some coffee and let the boys play with the train. We all know you can't leave without a book in hand. So Sam was the lucky fella this weekend...he brought home the CARS story book. Everyone was tucked in early and Shannon and I had a chance to get caught up on our Ti-Voed episodes of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.

Saturday, Sam and Shannon attended an early birthday party for my niece at the movie theater. Shannon said it was a great party idea. They saw Flushed Away, which I hear is very cute. The afternoon was nice and quiet as we just hung out at the house. Saturday night, my mom came over to eat supper...which, by the way, was awesome!!!! I made another one of my Let's Dish meals. If you haven't been, it's a must!!! And our cute neighbors, Kevin & Lorri celebrated their anniversary. We offered to keep Michaela because she is such a great help with the boys and I didn't want them to rush back to pay a babysitter. Sam and Michaela had a ball! They played games, drew pictures, and watched High School Musical together (It's one of my new faves!!!). It's totally nouveau Grease...I love it! Any who... I have featured a photo of the fabulous picture that Michaela drew for me. It pretty much sums up the life of the Baker family all in one drawing. I am guessing that the mouth with all the teeth shouting "crazy" would be that of yours truly. But I'll have to verify that with the artist.

















Sam and Michaela watching their movie


















Sam and Michaela playing Hulla-baloo

Sunday, we were heathens. We slept in and missed church. It always feels so nice to sleep in but later the Catholic childhood guilt (as Darby calls it) kicks in and I start asking for forgiveness.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, we cooked breakfast and lounged around extra long today. It was pretty nice! Sunday night, after supper, Sam and I made some to-die-for pumpkin cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting. Then it was time for bath and bed. And now I sit in the peace and quiet recapping our nice, quiet, and not-so-eventful weekend.



Chef Jean Claud and Chef Samu-el making cupcakes

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Checked it out today in all my spare time avoiding work.
You better bring me one of those cupcakes.
Love Fulton's post. Very profound. I just cannot explain how it has touched me.
Ok, next collaborative planning you need to collaborate with me and help me start a cool blog. I wanna be like you!!
By the way 50% of my Christmas shopping is completed. Yeah!!
What is the most profound seatbelt ad? Can't see it and the santa thing I tried to click on it and said that the bandwidh had been exceeded for the day??????????? confusion!!!!!
See you tomorrow chicky poo.

Christina Burbage