Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving week



As with any holiday in my family, Thanksgiving is a week-long event. While my thankfulness is year-round and on-going, the actual celebration started this past Tuesday. Sam had his Thanksgiving celebration at school. I had the wheels turning a few days in advance for how I would contribute. I decided to go with a cornucopia theme. So I made his class personalized cornucopias out of sugar cones and filled them with yummy dried fruits. I packaged and sealed them with a little note from "Sam" that I made on the computer. I thought they turned out very cute and they were very simple (in the event that you need a Thanksgiving treat idea). Mrs. Frannie said the kids loved them and thought they were precious "take-home treats". I sent them with Sam's favorite Thanksgiving book, I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed A Pie for Mrs. Frannie to read to the class. It's a spin-off on the Old lady Who Swallowed a Fly, obviously.
Sam got out of school and we were ready celebrate the rest of Thanksgiving week.

No comments :