Monday, October 10, 2011

Lucky Day

This post could have several names, but I'm going with "Lucky Day."

I was on the phone with my dear friend Darby - who I am excited to say is back in the blogosphere after a 4 year hiatus - and I was telling her about my weekend and some of  my woes. While some are very petty and I realize that I could have it much worse, I really feel like the wheels are falling off the freakin' bus sometimes. So I wanted to title this..."Things are just crap right now, but I'm tryin' to find the good", but she convinced me otherwise by just laughing hysterically. (I'll link to her blog once she's completely ready to go. She's the mother of FOUR so you can only imagine the stories she has to tell.)

I won't bore you with the crappy details of my life right now, but I will tell you that two dear friends of mine are in desperate need of prayer! These sisters suffered an enormous family tragedy last Friday. It is a huge loss to our church parish. I would love if you could help me pray for them - The Moores - specifically for peace, strength, and comfort, as well as physical and emotional healing. This is going to be a long road for them over the next few months and I know they would appreciate being lifted up. Thank you!!!

On a lighter note, today started out really good.
After I left the gym I found a really cute and lonely table sitting on the side of the road in the drizzly rain. I can't wait to paint it! I've been looking for something like this to either use in my Craft Room or in Ollie's big-boy room that we plan to do for his birthday. Now it will be re-purposed and loved again...Yay!!


THEN. Remember my post a few weeks ago with my birthday wish list? I really want a new Swivel Sweeper because my battery pack bit the dust a while back and I had to steal my mom's. Well, the newer model is out, it's red and has a flexible handle that I could take or leave and runs about $50. So I was in a nearby Dollar General and found the older model, the same one I had - which I love - for only $28. Yay, again!


I started feeling a little lucky after all that! Then I topped it off with a great trip to the grocery store where everything I bought was on sale...with the exception of produce of course. I was so excited and can't wait to cook supper this week because they had all kinds of good stuff on sale!

Any whooooo... I love days like this!

On a completely different note...I've been wanting to post this but didn't want to ruin it for the recipient. I just love it and am making one for all my boys. I'm going to go ahead and do Ollie's in his big boy room colors. As for Sam and Fulton, I might just stick with a masculine color scheme since their rooms won't be changing much color wise. I was thinking about doing a giveaway on here for it. What do you think? So it could end up being your lucky day if I do that. ;-)



You don't have to have a new baby... we can always go back and back-date or just leave the stats off. I can match nursery/bedroom colors and patterns, too!

Well, it's been nice feeling a little lucky today! It doesn't happen often, but I'm enjoying it none-the-less.

1 comment :

Kristen said...

Love your blog - came across it from lindler5. You make me laugh - you make me cry - all elements of a good read. :) I've linked yours to mine so I can keep up with the baking...