Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sam's Birthday (Part 3)

Just in case you missed it...Here's Part 1 and Part 2.

I posted several years ago that we celebrate birthweeks, not just birthdays. Sometimes I think it gets kinda outta hand but then I say..what the heck!!! Why not celebrate as long as you can. Right?

Any who...

Sam's Birthday actually fell on a Saturday so I think that's why it seemed to stretch from Thursday to Sunday! Party Thursday, Shannon and I finished shopping for his gifts on Friday, lunch with friends on Saturday and we gave him his gifts, dinner with just the 5 of us on Saturday night, and lunch with Nana and Papa (Shan's parents) on Sunday after church. THEN we had his Celebration of Life (explained here) at school on Monday!

WHEW! Momma was wo' out!
But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my boys...I quietly celebrate all three of them every single day. They are they greatest gifts of my life!

What could it be?
 Yay!
 What else?
A new helmet and ALL the safety gear...Mommy's favorite part!

 And away he goes! I watched between my fingers!!!
(Disregard Fulton whining in the background because he doesn't like his skateboard. It went on for about an hour. But never fear, he used his birthday money to get a new one. Now everyone is happy.)

Sam's choice for his birthday dinner...Hibachi!
 In lieu of cake, he requested Yumilicious. No arguments here!
I'd say he likes his present.
Me and my Testosterone Posse 
 Lunch with Nana and Papa. And I gave up on a good picture. This is as good as it gets.
Sam's Celebration of Life at school. It's always so sweet. Sam and Fulton have gotten to the point where they anticipate me getting teary. They just laugh! My favorite part is the children passing the stone and saying something special about Sam. I think it makes him feel really good!

Happy Birthday, Sam! I hope you have a fantastic year being 9! We love you!!!

No comments :