Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's here!

About every three years, an event so big it could cause everything to come to a screeching halt in our home takes place. We batten down the hatches. Stock up on skittles, juice boxes, Popsicles, stickers, and all kinds of good stuff. We sing crazy songs, make up celebration dances, and put everything else on hold for at least 3 days.

That event is upon us. We are about to embark on our 3rd and final...

TRIENNIAL POTTY-TRAINING OLYMPIC GAMES


Up to this point he has shown ZERO interest in going to the potty. He doesn't care that his big brothers go, friends go, that he'll get treats, or big-boy pants. Not. At. All! So we have waited as long as we feel appropriate. He is three and it's time.

It's going to be an exciting day when Oliver masters this skill. No more buying or changing diapers in the Baker house! But it will also be kinda sad. That's it. We'll be done. We'll have 3 BIG boys in the house. I never thought Potty Training would be bittersweet, but it is.

Wish me luck!



3 comments :

just ask beth said...

Go Ollie Go..in the potty that is..NO PULL-UPS!!

Ctbaker said...

Pull up are for night time Beffrey!!

Ansley said...

always so so entertaining--I love how you keep such a great record and make light of all of these special moments! You always make me laugh out loud ---and remind me that these stressful parenting moment that so many of us experience at this time in our lives are really so special and comical--we will look back a smile and say the good old days--any your mom is sooo talented--the poster was the best thing I have ever seen! --I am sure the best in the class! So glad Ollie is feeling better! Your boys are all beautiful. Also--i REALLY want a sillouette of my children--will you please make one for me when you have time--and tell me how much. Thanks! Hope to talk soon with some wine!
Ansley