Wednesday, July 28, 2010

DAY 4

When the Purge Regurgitates all over You!

Yesterday, I started my room-by-room purging and making more room for storage. I started with the spare bedroom closets. I went through clothes, shoes, hat, pocketbooks, unwanted gifts, etc. Wow! I felt like a new woman as I separated everything into piles---keep, purge, donate, consign. I finally got everything back where it needed to be. I was so proud!

I had a bag of fall clothes that I needed an extra storage bin for sitting off to the side. Today, I walked over to where the bag was to assess exactly what size box I would need. I couldn't find the bag. I texted "The Yard Man" and dragged him out of a board meeting to tell me where it was. I then learned that he thought he was being helpful by hauling it out with the garbage for weekly pick up earlier this a.m.!!!!!
Ummmmmmmmmm What???????? (Bite you tongue, Bite your tongue.)
Okay honey. Thanks for helping. Does this mean I get to go on a shopping spree to replace all that you threw away???

Practical Tip- LABEL EVERYTHING! Even if it's only temporary. Create dialogue---so others know your intentions.

Practically Put- And why do you worry about your clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. - Matthew 6:28

Practically Yours,

3 comments :

Leah Johnsey said...

Ahhhh, sounds like a scene that could happen any day in my house!

Love you girl!

bevy said...

Love the new blog and glad you are getting back into it! And puffy heart love that I am already on your blogroll! xox

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical. And irritating too. I bet you won't even miss what was in that bag (the lesson from a good purge). Love reading your stuff!
Catherine