Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks!

I am so thankful for my boys' schools and all they provide them. Each morning when I send them off I know they are in good hands.
Oliver is in a preschool that we have been a part of for 10 years now, since I worked there when I was pregnant with Sam. They know us very well and have always taken the best care of my children. I have referred to it as "The Jesus Bubble" for years. It's this safe, sweet little place and I can feel God's presence there.

Sam and Fulton attend a Montessori school. We have been there for 3 years and have LOVED every minute. We can count on them to cover all the bases with their education. They always manage to slip life-skills and character education in some way, some how. I feel like they not only take care of them academically, they take care of their character as well. There is no arrogance and they are taught to appreciate everyone, even if they differ in other aspects of their lives. I love that the values my boys learn at home are also being taught in their school.

Getting close to the holidays there are always some extra special activities going on. Just yesterday, Oliver's class had their Thanksgiving party. And just like most preschools, they bring home the sweetest things. I love PRESCHOOL! He had a little hand print turkey place mat with scripture on it and he had made his Indian head-dress. Here's Chief Oliver...


 My friend Katie and I are the homeroom moms for Fulton's class. We spent the morning making Cornucopias {posted here a while back} and Fingerprint turkeys. They all turned out soooo cute and the kids loved making their own "horn of plenty".



Sam and his classmates are the lucky ducks, though. Today they are headed to the ballet...The Nutcracker! I really wanted to chaperone, but due to budget cuts they were limited as to how many people could go. Sam has never been to a ballet. He's been to recitals and plays, but never a ballet. Last night in a conversation with him, I asked him if he wanted to wear his cute hot chocolate shirt. He said, "no ma'am. We are going to a ballet and we have to look our best." LOVE IT! I asked him what he wanted to wear and he said he thought he should wear his navy blue blazer and a bow tie.
He did. And he looked so adorable handsome! My Dapper Sam...



Any who...I'm so thankful for what their schools offer them. I feel like God has truly blessed us with the best educational opportunities for our family.

3 comments :

lindler5 said...

anna lou is going to break her neck giving sam the stare down today!! i witnessed her giving him the eye at thanksgiving lunch. girlfriend is not sneaky in the least. looks like mama needs to teach her how to "sneak" peeks at the handsome boys.

happy thanksgiving!!

bevy said...

Oh how I miss KP Jesus Bubble...

Heidi said...

LOVE those precious faces complete with bow ties!