Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks...Again!




Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine started out great! Wednesday night I hosted a few of my favorite girlfriends for an impromptu reunion for our friend Leigh, who moved away this summer. It's always a good time when I'm around those girls!

Thursday, Thanksgiving day, I woke up to the smell of blueberry muffins and a little voice {Sam}, saying "mommy, the parade is about to start. You don't want to miss it." I was so excited...they let me sleep until 8:50 AND breakfast was ready!!! What?!?!

I proceeded downstairs with a terrible "runner's cramp" in my stomach, which I thought was weird because I certainly had not been running. I started my food for thanksgiving lunch and we watched the parade. I did my usual kick-line with the Rocketts and I sang and danced along with all the broadway stars, living vicariously through them.

Fast forward to lunch at my mom's. We usually go to the lake with Shan's family for thanksgiving lunch, but we haven't for two years now. Last year our plans changed suddenly when my poor mom was sent to the ER with terrible vertigo. This year we elected not to go because I wanted to help my mom, who has had a particularly awful year health-wise and my aunt Laynie who has not been well either. I even offered to host, but was quickly shot-down. My mom and her 2 sisters pull ALL the weight on holidays and I wanted to make sure they had some help this year. Although, I ended up not being a whole lot of help because of that dumb cramp. It was a no-fine-china packed house...28 to be exact.

Any who! We wrapped up a great lunch and visit with mom's family and headed to the lake to spend the night with Shan's parents. Our plan was to visit, put the boys down, and head out for Black Friday sales. But I just did not feel well...you know, with that cramp. So I went to bed myself at NINE:THIRTY. When do I ever do that? By 10:00pm I was giving thanks for the toilet my head was in and the sweet husband holding my hair.

That cramp...was a stomach virus! I spent all day Friday in bed. No shopping for me! All of our fun black Friday plans had been foiled. I was so bummed!

The picture I posted above says Gobble til you Wobble. I think this year it should have more appropriately said "Snarf til you Barf." On one hand I was thankful that I got to eat my feast before I got sick. On the other hand ... Let's just say it's a lot better going down. Ewwww!!!

Here's to wishing all of you a great rest of the weekend and kick-off to the Christmas holidays. And to those of you watching the big game tonight...Go COCKS!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :