Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Great Momma Day!!!

Some momma days are good. Some are tough. But yesterday was a great momma day!

I volunteered to go on Fulton's class field trip. I loved spending that one-on-one time with him and his little buddies. He's getting big so quickly and I just want to enjoy every minute of his care-free happy spirit. His class is ADORABLE and his teacher is awesome! We just love Ms. Turbeville. She has the patience of Job...truly! I was just delighted to go along for the ride with all these great people - students and chaperones.

Any who...

We went to the Clemson Extension. It is a fantastic place affiliated with Clemson University. They have this gigantic piece of property where they harvest crops, raise all kinds of plants, and have beautiful gardens to tour. It is also the home of the oldest weather station in the country. Very cool!

The kids got to go through a corn maze where they got to pick and ear (or 3) of corn, tour the facility on a hayride, and visit "Mr. MacGregor's Garden". They also got to do a "science experiment" involving a pumpkin seed and got to take home a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. We topped it off with a picnic lunch and headed back to school.

The quality time I got to spend with Fulton made me so happy. Being able to share his field trip with him and see him happily learning, skipping around, and being a kindergartner made for a great momma day!





1 comment :

Cathy said...

very special time making beautiful memories. I'm so glad you had the chance to go with Fu-man Chu! I agree, he is a happy spirited child...I love that silly goose!