Thursday, November 03, 2011

Happy Halloween in The Acres

Happy Halloween from the Bakers!!!

Papa Smurf and Smurfette

Little Mummies

Monday morning I "liked" a friend's FB status who said it best...Halloween seems to have been going on for days! I loooove Halloween, but we have truly been celebrating since Friday! We went to the annual Pine Island Carnival that Shan's parents take us to every year. It was FREEZING this year, and sprinkling rain. But we still made the best of it. I totally forgot my camera so I only snapped a few pics from my iphone.

Mummies in the Mist!

Fun with Cousins...Madeline-The Sweet Fairy and Kirstin-Progressive's Flo


Cotton Candy!!!
Sam and Kirstin getting ready to ride!

Did I really put my 9 year old on that ride!!!!

The boys got their cotton candy, popcorn, candy, etc. and rode several rides and went on the haunted hayride that they have a love-hate relationship with. It's a wonderful Halloween tradition that we look forward to every year and even with the misty rain and cold night we still had our usual great time!

Saturday was low key but Halloween-y, as the boys attended a party with some buddies at the Kvam's house. I sent Shannon with them, so of course I didn't get any pics...;-)! I got the house and porch all ready for Sunday with final spooky touches and mended their costumes from the wear and tear on Friday night. We made some Halloween cupcakes and all huddled up on the chilly night and watched {most of} the Carolina game together.



Sunday, before church I whipped up a fantastic batch of Pumpkin Waffles with Black Cinnamon Syrup. Yum! Such a nice fall treat and a great start to a wonderful day.


After church, I spent the day getting ready for our 1st EVER FAN Halloween Parade that my mom and I organized. You can read about it here. 
I made a big ol pot of chili and corn muffins for us to have after the parade. It was so chilly out and it hit the spot!
With the great weather and all the Halloween festivities and traditions, it was a perfect fall weekend!
Monday was as busy as ever, as I went on Fu's class field trip, finished our Smurf costumes, and got the boys all ready for the neighborhood party and trick-or-treating.
Here's Halloween night in photos.

Mummies "in character"

Our first trick-or-treat house-our awesome neighbor, Netta

All the neighborhood kids

Headed out on Dr. Ted's Haunted Hayride

Ollie with his BFF Hampton

Lilly and Ted as Princess Peach and the Mushroom
Their boys were Mario and Luigi
Fulton's turn to ride the hay

The dressed-up adults

Uuuummm how does this glow stick work?

Sam digging into his loot...already
Fulton and his buddy Thompson

Oliver's got the hang of it!

Takin' a break for a little snack


Last stop...Muzzy's!

It has been NON-STOP for days!
I am glad we can check all that off! Ready to move ahead...Maybe it's the Christmas commercials that are already on. Hmmm?

2 comments :

Unknown said...

These "Little Mummies" are so cute. Featured you on Creative Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas For Kids.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your mummy costumes. My 3 year old wants to be one for Halloween this year. I'm new to Pinterest and having a hard time locating your "how to" for actually making it. Could you please help me out? As I have less than a week to make it... lol. Thank you! Lyndsey