Thursday, February 13, 2014

Здравствуйте! {Hello!}

Здравствуйте, from Sochi, Russia! Or at least it seems like we're in Russia. We are on day 2 of a pretty intense winter storm. I've lived here all my life and can't remember a wave of wintery weather ever lasting this long. If we get enough snow to appreciate, it's usually all dumped in a few hours. But this monster came upon us Tuesday night and continued until this morning. It's been a crazy mix of sleet, freezing rain, and snow.

 

{This is pretty, but if you follow me on Instagram, I personally like the #waterlogue pic I posted the other day of my house in "greener" times. You?}

Between the snow two weeks ago and now this, it has been a huge treat for us because it doesn't happen very often. I guess all of the boys' prayers and wishful thinking has paid off. They've been all grins for two days straight. We grabbed anything that could be a makeshift sled {skim-boards, cookie sheets, laundry baskets, etc.} and headed for the hills!
 


There were many threats of power outages before and during the storm, but thankfully they never came to pass. I spent the majority of Wednesday morning cooking, organizing, and cleaning just in case. We at least got some yummy treats out of my frenzy. 'Cause who don't love a cupcake when you don't have any power! That's my idea of preparedness.

 
A few things this southern girl learned for sure...1) I am definitely a southerner because I was scrounging anything furry, fleecy, and water-repellent to put on my kids. 2) I don't like being cold - at all. And 3) I can do without the perpetual pile of slushy clothes and boots at my front door.
 

From snow-storm prepping to sledding until the street lights came on, I must say we have all thoroughly enjoyed it.

4 comments :

Ainsley said...

Nearly impossible to get a GOOD photo of 5... Y'all did. And with snow!

Anonymous said...

love all of those cute faces!
Muzzy

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

You have a precious family! So glad you could have a little fun in the snow...I am ready for it to be GONE!

Love your blog...I am a new follower!

xo,
Christine
http://suburban-charm.blogspot.com/

CTBaker in The Acres said...

Thanks for stopping by! It's nice to meet you. Yes! We DID have fun but I too am ready for it to go. I have had spring fever so bad recently! Can't wait to check out your blog. ;)