Wednesday, February 01, 2012

14 Lovely Days




It's the month o'love! The pressure is on, Shan {if you even read this}. I want a beautiful plant (not roses, because they die), dinner reservations at Ristorante Divino, little boxes with shiny jewelry, and pampering gift certificates.

Just kidding...well, not really. I'd love all that at some point---what girl wouldn't? Just not for Valentine's Day. How about just because---on ANY day.

Actually, why can't we just show our love all the time? It's important to let others know you love them, daily. Right?

This year I've decided to celebrate Valentine's Day for the first 14 days of February in hopes of creating a habit. I want to create a habit of showing my boys random acts of love. I know I tell them {several times} daily that I love them, but I want to show it more. I'm thinking little love notes, making special dinners and treats, going on a surprise outing, and a little sursie here and there.

So here goes...

Day 1

Last night after the little peeps went to bed, I whipped up a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies. I have such little time these days that it seems slice & bake is about as good as it gets. I'd forgotten how easy it is to make homemade cookies. And boy are they delish!

 Sambo, Fu, and Ollie {but especially Shan} were very excited to have such a yummy treat today. I think it was uber appreciated.


XO,

No comments :