Thursday, February 06, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I've never done a Throwback post! So I'm gonna throw it back all the way to this past weekend!

1) The Superbowl: A few things...

A. The National Anthem. BEST EVER! Classy, professional, and the way it should be sung. Thank you, Renee Fleming.



B. Commercials. Not impressed. However, I am a HUGE fan of the Muppets and just adored the Toyota Highlander commercial with Terry Crews. Precious! It was a 2 thumbs up for the whole family.

 
C. Goooooo Sliders! Since Denver forgot to show up to the game, we needed something to cheer about. I made the buffalo sliders and they were AWESOME! The Avocado Ranch spread made the sandwich and could easily be used on burgers or fish tacos. Delish. Link to recipe here.
 
 
2) GIRLS! I have heard for a while now that the HBO series Girls is really good. So I finally got around to putting the HBO Go App on my kindle and started watching it. It's dark, raunchy, dysfunctional, and hilarious all at the same time. I've got a while to go before I am caught up, but so far, so good!
 

 
3) So this may not seem "blog-worthy" but to me it's definitely worth documenting. I mentioned in my last post that Shan and I actually got a date night Saturday night. Well, we went to our real-life "Cheers"... The Publick House. They are known for great pub food and beverages, but most of all, their wings! I have been ordering their "SpiT" {spicy teriyaki} wings for almost 20 years. EVERY TIME WE GO. Well, since WW came into the picture I 've been trying to make better choices. And while it probably wasn't the best choice, it was definitely better than the wings. It went down in my history book... I ordered the "special", Stuffed Flounder, with rice and steamed veggies. What?!?! I know any Pub goers reading this will shudder.
 
It wasn't bad. But it sho wasn't the "SpiT" wings!
 
 
Okay! That's all, folks. Thanks for throwing back with me!
 


No comments :